This 8-session intensive training course offers a uniquely interactive online introduction to the foundations of substance misuse prevention. Participants examine the key concepts of substance misuse prevention and the Strategic Prevention Framework. Participants build basic knowledge and skills necessary to identify prevention priorities and develop a plan to implement and evaluate evidence-based interventions. This course offers structured, skill-based learning opportunities, readings, and learning assignments to complete between sessions, along with group activities and discussions to enhance application of the new skills.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION:
- This Foundations in Prevention Intensive Training Course requires an application.
- The course is limited to 30 participants due to the highly interactive and intensive curriculum.
- Applicants who meet the required criteria will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Before applying, you will need to complete a free, self-paced online course. Please be prepared to upload your certificate of completion for this course during the application process.
Application Pre-requisite Course: Introduction to Substance Abuse Prevention: Understanding the Basics
- The application deadline is 5:00 PM CT on September 29, 2022.