This 3-hour presentation looks at the culture within boards of directors to troubleshoot barriers to recruitment, retainment, and engagement of people of color. We will begin by exploring internal factors, from white cloning to tokenism, that preclude board membership of people of color. We will develop outward facing policies and practices to attract and retain people of color and develop allyship with communities of color. Participants will be presented with tools to develop a strategic roadmap to make diversity, equity and inclusion central to the Board's decision making process.
This training will teach participants to:
- Identify the components domains of a racial equity strategic plan
- Establish specific racial equity goals and objectives
- Develop realistic timelines
- Utilize Human In Common’s Racial Equity Strategic Plan Tracker for delegation and accountability
- Identify strategies for maintaining transparency and accountability throughout the agency